...or tries to...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hi

I've waited a long time to start a blog. By now, the world doesn't need another one, but I'm trying it out anyway. I wasn't hesitant to add my voice to the millions of others out there, I just couldn't decide which of the things I love to write about. Do I concentrate on my artwork, do I share my admiration for other peoples art? Do I post about miniatures and dollhouses, houses and studios, curio cabinets, ephemera, embroidery, lichens, bugs? Hell, I could bore you to death with posts about baseball, I love that too. Did I have to chose? I guess so, if asked to describe the world in one or two sentences. But I couldn't. None of us can. So I'll try it all, and hope I can unite all these things together by my own witnessing of them. Maybe someone will come along and read and look, maybe not. But it should be a joyful attempt, either way.



7 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

nice blog Amy , well done

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Amy, you can write about all of the above. Some mini bloggers strictly stick to miniatures in every post; others write about their families sometimes, the weather, sports, movies coming out, plays they have seen, etc. So, your blog, your subject matter. If you jot over to my little spot in the blogosphere, you can find many mini blogs you might be interested in as well as some blogs about cozy cottages in full size and artists of every medium. I've already added your blog to my list and when I post next (maybe today depending on how much I get accomplished) I'll point your's out!

Be aware that blog awards go around and if you accept them you'll have to post them on your blog and pass them on to others. Some don't participate.

Jody

Peach Blossom Hill said...

By the way, I have shown your first dollhouse on my blog before so am just thrilled I'll be able to keep up with both your stunning artwork and your dollhouses. You'll have to do a spread on the first one and tell the story.

Me again, Jody

Amy said...

Kay-you must know how much you inspire me!

And J-Your feature on my doll house on your blog is one of my favorite things! I keep jpg images of it on my computer-I was so happy to find it there.

Sandy said...

Amy, I've been hoping you would do this for a long time. I'm thrilled to see that you finally took the plunge!

It's a beautiful beginning, and I will be here everyday - or whenever YOU are! ;-)

Luv ya,
Sandy

Amy said...

Sandy! I've missed you so much! Thank you so much for welcoming me-I'll try to keep it interesting to be worthy of your stopping by. You know I love ya too!

Sans said...

Reading your post from Day 1 and know right away, I will pop right over each time I see a new post! Whatever you feel like writing! I am gushing like a silly fan..lol!