...or tries to...

Friday, April 9, 2010

Red




I had a seventies-red bedroom when I was a kid, all quilted bedspread and flocked wallpaper and curtains with crimson pom-pom trimming, and I chose red as my favorite color at six. I don't think I had much of a choice then, but I keep it still, with all it's symbolism and charge.

This weekend I'll look for red, in a dress, in the leaves that die here in the spring, in rusting things and dropped petals, in joy and warning.

Have a really interesting weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Sans said...

You will fit in well here as red is an auspicious colours :). I don't think there is another colour as powerful as red . All we need is a dash and the whole scene is lifted to another level :).

Evelien said...

Have a great weekend too!
The dress is really pretty and so are the photo's.

groetjes Evelien

Amy said...

It's true, Sans-you have to be in exactly a certain mood for red, sometimes it forces me to be less, well, mauve or moss green, colors I think are more me most of the time!

Thank you Evelien, I found the dress at a thrift store, can you believe, with the tags still on it. Poor thing had never been worn...