...or tries to...

Friday, July 22, 2011

Joyce's Garden, (part 1)




In May, I wrote a little piece about my friend Joyce's house. A few days ago, she sent me photographs of her garden. And, of course, I had to share them. Joyce's home has always been more than a house, it's the focal point of her many talents and a gracefully composed poem about what she loves. But the interior is only part of her story. Joyce's garden is a genius of choreography-she takes often uncontrollable elements; weather, water, light, individually growing things, insects, birds, and guides their waltz. And her photographs, (all hers), capture the dance. I had to divide my post into two parts because I could hardly bear to edit what she sent me.  














One other thing to know: Joyce's garden sits on a mountain side. 

Next week, the details, the close-ups, the blossoms, the butterflies, the snails.

3 comments:

Sans! said...

Wow, for a moment there, I thought this is a very realistic dollhouse garden!

I was just going to do a post on Balinese gardens but my photos pale in comparison to Joyce's!

*waves at Joyce and shouts "You have an amazing amazing everything!"

Amy said...

Sans-you must post on Balinese gardens! Both Joyce and I want you to! I'm going to be looking for it-

Daydreamer said...

Oh, what a beautiful garden! I love the photo with the trees outlined and the bench underneath.... so inviting! She has a real eye for artistic details..... I would LOVE to see the closer views too!