...or tries to...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tanked



Not all that autumnal, though the orange suits the season, right? On the last afternoon before a cold front passes through Florida, I thought I would get tropical one more time. I don't dive or snorkel, I have oxygen issues, as in, if the air comes through a tube, I'm somewhere I don't want to be. But the next best thing, a very big aquarium in a seafood restaurant. Another shadowbox, in a way, a biosphere, some more amazing symbiosis:












video


3 comments:

Theo-the-cat/SyBee said...

When water by my side is rain on a cold evening, it cheers me up to discover warm and colourfull liquid life in a big box of glass. Thx !

Daydreamer said...

WOW! Awesome! Amy, I have my blog open.... with it's current ocean sounds on... watching your video of the tentacled amoebas sway.... it was ALMOST like BEING RIGHT THERE! Just Fantastic!
The undersea world is like no other... strange... mesmerizing... It SEEMS so peaceful.... and yet the same needs - to live or die - eat or be eaten - prevail in their own silent world.....
I could spend HOURS watching an aquarium such as this!
Thank you for the close-up!

Sans! said...

Is that really an aquarium in a SEAFOOD restaurant? :) Watching the video made me wonder about whether you have ever thought of incorporating motion in your work.

The slow sinewy sway as Betsy put it, is hypnotic for me as well. It's like watching fire.