...or tries to...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Small Town


Just a quick shout-out to anyone watching tv tonight: my small town was voted Most Fun Small Town in America by Rand McNally, and the Travel Channel will tell us why, on Best of the Road, tonight, at 8 pm. Though I'm a little leery of calling anything the best of anything, I can say in full confidence that my town has been exactly that for me, and I love it to pieces.

A little illustrated compilation of why:



































5 comments:

Daydreamer said...

It does look Wonderful, Amy! Your pictures clearly express the warmth and Beauty you find everywhere in your town! And that Sky.... while the Town might not own it... you can Find it there!
Thanks for sharing!

Eartha Kitsch said...

How cool! And no wonder...your photos make it look like a dream world.

Amy said...

Betsy, yes, I have to admit, that if I ever moved away, I would miss the skies here most of all. I look up so much here, I wind up looking a little crazy. But the rewards for looking a little crazy!

Thank you Eartha! Of course, they're selective, but of all the places I've ever lived, it's needed the least amount of talking up. And it's proud of its wackiness. We have both a Garlic Festival and an art show about pirates.

Sans! said...

I have always thought your town to be like Star Hollows :). That's my pick of the funnest town in a make believe world and yours must, by extension be for the real world :).

Amy said...

Stars Hollow was definitely wackier, my town is still the kind where you can live near someone and never see them twice! But then, I've spent lots of time in Connecticutt, near where Stars Holloe might be, and the reality of the towns there was that they were beautiful, all lovely old houses and magnificent trees, but pretty dull in the every day. My town is the first town I have ever lived in that was interesting most of the time, and I love it...