...or tries to...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Snaps



Long weekends stretch things out, so there seems to be time to collect and hoard images - they pile up and fall on you, like most things do. Spiny back orb weavers in the backyard, hairy lichens, old Frankoma and a red beaded bracelet found at the antique fair, a necklace made from Halloween stickers and mass-produced charms from the brand new Michaels Arts and Crafts, a late night art session, a movie enjoyed that I'll forget I saw in a month or so, and best, a fire spitting KISS tribute band, (awesome). 

And then the weekend is over, snap. 





















2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Amy, I was just this morning snagged by my garden as I rushed off to work... it was adorned with a whole collection of spider's webs... and the morning mist that always makes them stand out.... fairy blankets left on the lawn we always said...!
I LOVE your photos of the orb web and the lichens!
Some days seem like a succession of little discrete "photo op" moments.... I can see you enjoyed your weekend of "snapping"!

Amy said...

One of the best things around don't you think, the idea that the frailest of things are relative-webs able to withstand rainstorms and wind, frantic flies, landscapers...