...or tries to...

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Saturday Night in FAT Village



It's strange sometimes how you need to blog and then don't want to blog - it doesn't seem to have anything to do with mood, or activity, or inactivity, or restlessness. Maybe that's why there isn't a textbook cure for writer's block, or artist's block. It all just starts and stops for a combination of reasons snarled up and inexplicable. But I miss writing to my blogging friends, and one thing I can promise-I'll be back in their worlds very very soon.

In the meantime, here's my Saturday night in Ft. Lauderdale's FAT Village, a neighborhood that my friend Amy and I wandered through, (we are Amy Squared, you could say), after a screening of High Art at Girl's Club. It's a night-shadowed and art-lit few blocks of taggers, galleries, warehouses-turned-galleries, with a giant prop shop, a puppet workshop, studios and a theater space that opens to the street, all spray painted and stenciled into one big indoor/outdoor funhouse.





Samsara Folk Art Gallery






Leah Brown at Rip Her to Shreds at Projects South

Jackie Tufford in Rip Her to Shreds at Projects South
Donna Haynes at Rip Her to Shreds












Arterpillar's article on Rip Her to Shreds here


No comments: