...or tries to...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dark Crystals


Dark Crystals, at the Art Gallery at Eissey Campus, Palm Beach State College

Finally, to show in South Florida, with South Floridian artists I love and admire, and to be brought together by Jacques de Beaufort, who connects us with the kind of attention to detail that I think we all have in common.




Carol Prusa, wall installation
 with my three domed biotopes, foreground





My Climb, Cling, and Drift Away















My Conjoined


and me


My Ocular Vivarium


Reinier, Nune, Jacques, (making sure that, for once, I'm not the lowermost face in a photo), me, andvid.


"The collective work of this particular group of artists, de Beaufort says, have qualities that are not only mysterious and indefinable—a “darkness”—but also possesses a radiance and beauty that qualifies them as “crystals.”

“What cannot be denied is that the works in question are indeed in possession of [a] vibrational energy,” said de Beaufort. “Each artist’s work remains a universe onto themselves, art that has been lovingly crafted into something so specific it cannot be shared by language. These ‘Dark Crystals’ are in possession of a certain quality that can be ascertained only through direct observation.”





Thank you Jacques, and Karla Walter, gallery coordinator extraordinaire, who somehow manage to do all this and make their own exceptional art at the same time. Don't me ask how.



February 19th - March 22nd
The Art Gallery at Eissey Campus
Palm Beach State College
3160 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410



4 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Wow, Amy! Fascinating Exhibit! I wish I could come and look even closer!!! It looks like you are in Great company! I really am intrigued by Leah's pieces.....
Lovely pictures of you too!

Amy said...

Betsy, can you see the dollhouse on the top? There are things happening inside the house as well, mysterious things. Dreams inside dreams. You would love it.

Daydreamer said...

Ha! It was the First thing I noticed, Amy! I really wish I could peek inside!!!

Sans! said...

WOW! Amy, what a space of Art! And the putting together of all the great work is art itself. I was just thinking, the curator may be an artist.

Was that a dollhouse? Was that a real person? It's so high up there, could you see what's going on in that house? Dream within a dream? How true for all of us who build dollhouses :).

I always have so many questions whenever I visit your exhibitions. . That's the magic of your posts Amy. You always draw me in.

And you are so tiny! :):). I wonder if Rosanna will be here. If there is a day we meet, the 4 of us, I am guessing you won't be the lowermost face :):).